Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Adam Lambert on the AMAs

I already put a link onto J-Lo's fall at the AMA's what I wasn't aware of was the "controversy" surrounding Adam Lambert's performance. He kisses a guy, which in my opinion is no different than what Madonna, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera did in the past. He is gay and that's no big deal. Maybe we are used to seeing females kiss on television and music videos as well, but since they don't really show males kissing on television and music videos people are probably going to talk more about it. This is kind of stupid since it's a double standard. He does hump the faces of some dancers which I don't think has been done on awards shows. If this was his concert then I think it would be less of a big deal because Madonna does simulations of sex etc. at her concerts and again it would be his show. His persona has been sorta out there, but so is Lady Gaga's. Some of his performance was edited out because of his actions. I really don't think his performance was any different than any other's really. Maybe it's just our double standard. The only thing that kind of got me was the humping of the faces because I personally have not seen any artist doing that on stage. Maybe it has been done before but I doubt it. Again his performance for me is no big deal and it's not because I don't like him but because it's shock value and it has all been done before and will keep being done till the next "outrageous" thing.

This is his performance:

No comments:

Post a Comment