Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My experience with photography so far..

I am a Toronto based photographer, I would like to say artist, but that all depends on your definition of photography.

This year I went through the first photography course that I have ever taken and it was considered an introduction photography class for non majors. Because of this non major fact, we were unable to use any of the facilities that usual photography majors use. We did not have access to a studio, lighting equipment (no soft box & no umbrellas) or a dark room. We were given a demonstration on lighting, including strobe lighting and we were also given reflectors to use. It kind of sucked because this was only one class and we did not actually get to use lighting equipment. So ultimately the only experience I have is my history of taking photographs with a point and shoot and this year, shooting with my DSLR. I have an old film camera that I want to use but I'm thinking that when I learn more about film photography, I'll start using that camera.

As for photoshop which is considered to be the dark room for digital on PC, I have been teaching myself and do not have any formal education on the program. I want to take some classes on photography that will give me exposure to various equipment and also on photoshop which will hopefully teach me some tricks that I do not know. Perhaps I will try working for a studio first.

I was approach by a photographer who saw my first lanscape photos and liked them. He gave me his website and was very enthusiastic. His company specializes in occasions and weddings. I think that this might be a great opportunity but at the same time, I would really like to learn do in studio work first.

No comments:

Post a Comment